a young pakistani doctor blogs...
Sunday, July 16, 2006
  Plugging on
Yesterday was a very busy day. I got 10 hours of work done, but even then fell somewhat sort of my targets. One thing that helps the study is really sound sleep. That is why, determined to do even better today, last night I skipped dinner and only drank some milk and honey before bed and made sure I was in bed on time. You sleep better on an empty stomach, believe me. The milk and honey is to quell the hunger pangs so you can get to sleep.

It’s the next day now and I feel refreshed. I hope I can catch up with my targets today and better yesterday’s run. I try not think about how much work I’ve got left and how this and that is going to be done, and when to do it in. I made a general time-table for the next 6 weeks, and a more specific schedule for the next 5 days. I’m just taking it one day at a time right now, blocking out all the worries and uncertainties of the days ahead. I feel like an invisible clock suddenly started counting down.

Okay… I had better not go on talking like this or I’ll just freak myself out. I hope today’s a good day as well.
 
Comments:
wat exam ya sitting? budding medic or budding surgeon? :)
 
Its the USMLE Step 1 exam. This exam doesn't distinguish b/w surgery vs. medicine, its required for every doctor who wants to train further in the US to pass.
 
oh yeah i know the USMLE. Best to have done the first 2 whilst was you were at med school no? Going back to physiology and stuff in details, eeeugh!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Recent med school graduate from Peshawar, Pakistan. Started blogging when in throes of final year exams. Currently studying for USMLE Step 1. Aiming for the 2008 Match. I blog about my studies, my worries, and my thoughts on life. I live in Islamabad.

BLOGS I READ
Aya's Randomness
I, Zak
Crow's Nest
Rai
Kevin MD
Sometime's Sobia

Watan Dost
Fingers and tubes
      ARCHIVES
      June 2005
      July 2005

      October 2005

      November 2005

      December 2005

      January 2006

      February 2006

      March 2006

      April 2006

      May 2006

      June 2006

      Email Me

       












Powered by Blogger