a young pakistani doctor blogs...
Thursday, July 13, 2006
  *Gulp!*
I’m going through a mini-panic attack right now. My Step 1 exam looms every closer and I’ve got so much left to do. I’ve constructed a time-table for myself, of what needs to be done, and how to divide my time till the fateful day on the 30th of August. It may seem like a lot of time to you guys, but to me, it feels like the exam is tomorrow and I don’t know anything.

Do remember me in your prayers. As some of you, who have been reading this blog for a while know, this exam is a very important one for me.

I’m going to just ignore what needs to be done in the next month and a half, and just concentrate on what needs to be done now, today. I have to get better at blocking stuff out and keeping my nerve under pressure.

Ah, what a life I lead…

 
Comments:
hey doc,
i can understand ur feelings,n i can understand the stress that u r going thru,but i wud like to suggest u sumthing.....try tab dormicum HS in morning start ur time table as u ve decided,ull b fresh in morning n happy n less stressed,
2ndly a reality face the reality n if u ve in ur fate to clear the exam u will clear it
GOOD LUCK
 
good luck brother! :)

is -blogging- under your timetable?
 
dont delay it this time.u ll do just fine
 
I hear ya DP...I hear ya!
Praying...inshallah you'll do great!
 
Nose to the ground DP..after that all you can do is let fate take you where it may. Inshallah I am sure you can do it..

p.s: stay away from wikipedia and the news for a bit.
 
@sarah: Dormicum is pretty strong stuff. If you're using that stuff, don't make it a habit. Maybe just twice a week if you really need it.

@aatif: I'll be blogging, but I don't think I'll have time for those deep, insightful commentries you guys are so used to... hehehe

@Rai: No, I don't intend to do any more postponing.

Thanks for your good wishes guys. And keep praying. Zak I think you may be right about the news and wikipedia thing.
 
Set yourself a schedule and don't forget to schedule some kind of relaxing activity in the middle and at the end. Those exams are tough but insha'Allah you will be fine. I'll keep you in my prayers!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Recent med school graduate from Peshawar, Pakistan. Started blogging when in throes of final year exams. Currently studying for USMLE Step 1. Aiming for the 2008 Match. I blog about my studies, my worries, and my thoughts on life. I live in Islamabad.

BLOGS I READ
Aya's Randomness
I, Zak
Crow's Nest
Rai
Kevin MD
Sometime's Sobia

Watan Dost
Fingers and tubes
      ARCHIVES
      June 2005
      July 2005

      October 2005

      November 2005

      December 2005

      January 2006

      February 2006

      March 2006

      April 2006

      May 2006

      June 2006

      Email Me

       












Powered by Blogger