a young pakistani doctor blogs...
Thursday, July 20, 2006
  Blech day
Today wasn’t a good day. I didn’t get all that much done. I woke up feeling nervous and jittery and for most of the day I couldn’t sit still. I developed this overpowering feeling of edginess and just couldn’t concentrate. I hate days like these. I hate that days like these even exist. It makes you feel as if nothing is really in your control, which I suppose is true.

Being objective, I think I have a good chance of doing really well in the exam, which is 40 days away now. It seems impossibly close after so many months of studying and worrying about it. However I need to have no more days like today. I called my fiancé up in the evening and talked to her for a while. She suggested that I start jogging again. Even though the weather is terribly hot these days in Islamabad, I’ve moved into an air conditioned room of the house where I spend most of my day (only sleeping in my own room). Getting really hot from a jog in this weather shouldn’t be a big problem if I have a really well cooled room to come back to when I’m done. I used to jog regularly before and I found it was great for getting those endorphins out and elevating mood, and improving concentration. I stopped because it became too damn hot. It’s still very hot, but I think I should be able to tough it out for some 40 minutes out there, happy in the knowledge that I’ll be headed back to a nice cool room.  
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Recent med school graduate from Peshawar, Pakistan. Started blogging when in throes of final year exams. Currently studying for USMLE Step 1. Aiming for the 2008 Match. I blog about my studies, my worries, and my thoughts on life. I live in Islamabad.

BLOGS I READ
Aya's Randomness
I, Zak
Crow's Nest
Rai
Kevin MD
Sometime's Sobia

Watan Dost
Fingers and tubes
      ARCHIVES
      June 2005
      July 2005

      October 2005

      November 2005

      December 2005

      January 2006

      February 2006

      March 2006

      April 2006

      May 2006

      June 2006

      Email Me

       












Powered by Blogger