a young pakistani doctor blogs...
Monday, May 22, 2006
  SMS love
Women are sensitive creatures. I’ve been feeling a little down the last couple of days, and when I get like that, I tend to isolate myself. I don’t want to talk much, preferring to be alone. I usually get over my mood after a spell, but for the time that I feel that way, I can come across as cold or unsociable. It’s just one of the many bad habits that I have.

My fiancé and I are not together (otherwise I would say my wife and I). She’s in Peshawar and I’m in Islamabad, and for the last 8 months, we have maintained our relationship over the sms’s and phone calls. It’s not easy, but we make it work. We have our rough spots, and I’m certain its because of the nature of our relationship right now. An sms can’t tell you how you’re feeling. It doesn’t carry the tone or weight of your voice. It doesn’t replace a laugh, a smile, a kiss or a hug. So when I felt down, I didn’t sms her as often as she would have liked, something to which she took exception. She send me a few angry sms’s telling me I was ignoring her and that she resented it. I, being unsociable, didn’t feel very motivated to defend myself and gave up after a few half-hearted sms’s.

She’s been angry since yesterday. She got even more withdrawn today because I was supposed to call her tonight (on the land-line) and talk to her for about an hour. I didn’t do that, because of my crappy mood.

I’m thinking of starting tahajjud prayers soon. I need some food for the soul to pre-empt these dark moody spells of mine.
 
Comments:
be patient
 
Lol you silly guy DP..run and make peace..hell hath no fury like a woman scorned..a concentrated dose of female annoyance will make your gloom seem like a minor annoyance.
 
Ain't that the truth Zak! I'm going to call her soon and turn on the charm to calm her down... hehehe
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Recent med school graduate from Peshawar, Pakistan. Started blogging when in throes of final year exams. Currently studying for USMLE Step 1. Aiming for the 2008 Match. I blog about my studies, my worries, and my thoughts on life. I live in Islamabad.

BLOGS I READ
Aya's Randomness
I, Zak
Crow's Nest
Rai
Kevin MD
Sometime's Sobia

Watan Dost
Fingers and tubes
      ARCHIVES
      June 2005
      July 2005

      October 2005

      November 2005

      December 2005

      January 2006

      February 2006

      March 2006

      April 2006

      May 2006

      June 2006

      Email Me

       












Powered by Blogger