a young pakistani doctor blogs...
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
  Capital Park
I went out for a long walk to Capital Park today. I didn’t feel like jogging, so I decided to go for an enormously long walk instead. It was great. Capital Park is an enormous park right in the middle of Islamabad. I happen to live a 15 minutes walk away so I decided to go there. This is when I wished I had a camera to take pictures to put on my blog. The park is a really well-maintained, open-aired, beautiful place. If it weren’t so flat so you could see apartment blocks miles and miles away, you could honestly forget you were in the middle of a city.  

I used to come to Capital Park everyday a few years ago in the summer vacations for long walks. It would give me some time to be alone and to think. I also like look at the other people who come there - an eclectic mix of Islamabadis from all walks of life: Those who are obviously elite, wearing gaudy, tight-fitting shorts with overflowing bellies striding along as if they’re in a big hurry. The ones who are obviously middle-class – the father looking pleased with himself for taking his family out, and the wife concerning herself with having a good time and some “enjowhyment”. Then there are those who obviously rarely come to the park. Mostly young men in shalwar kameez and sandals, walking slowly with their arms behind their backs, stealing glances at the woman then exchanging grins with their friends.

The air is clean there. It smells of grass. I came back refreshed and relaxed. Maybe I’ll start going there for my exercise. Certainly Capital Park has a pleasant ambiance and is a million miles away from my books. I also called my fiancé and made up with her, so all around, it was a good day.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Recent med school graduate from Peshawar, Pakistan. Started blogging when in throes of final year exams. Currently studying for USMLE Step 1. Aiming for the 2008 Match. I blog about my studies, my worries, and my thoughts on life. I live in Islamabad.

BLOGS I READ
Aya's Randomness
I, Zak
Crow's Nest
Rai
Kevin MD
Sometime's Sobia

Watan Dost
Fingers and tubes
      ARCHIVES
      June 2005
      July 2005

      October 2005

      November 2005

      December 2005

      January 2006

      February 2006

      March 2006

      April 2006

      May 2006

      June 2006

      Email Me

       












Powered by Blogger