a young pakistani doctor blogs...
Friday, March 03, 2006
  Lockdown
Well, Uncle Bush will be visiting our fair city tomorrow. I shudder to think what kind of security cover this city will be held hostage to while he’s here. In 2000, when Clinton came, he arrived in an unmarked small white airplane. Air Force One was actually a decoy. Then when he drove through Islamabad, all local traffic literally evaporated. Even pigeons that flew overhead were arrested and charged for suspicious activities. There were dozens of limousines in his motorcade and it was not known which one he was in. He only stayed for 5 hours, and when he made a speech on TV, he looked scared to death as if the microphone would explode or something. This was before 9/11, before the Afghanistan war, before the Iraq war, before Abu Ghraib. Before Uncle Bush. Hell, we even liked Clinton a little bit. Ridiculous Clinton and the stained blue dress.

I can’t imagine what security in the city will be like tomorrow. I better not fart in the wrong direction, even though I’m not going to step out of my house as long as Uncle Bush is here.
 
Comments:
Lol I liked the last paragraph..that was funny..i don't remember the CLinton speech ..was he really that scared? God that was humiliating..a touchdown and the man then lectures Musharraf..backbone is not something he has an abundance off..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Recent med school graduate from Peshawar, Pakistan. Started blogging when in throes of final year exams. Currently studying for USMLE Step 1. Aiming for the 2008 Match. I blog about my studies, my worries, and my thoughts on life. I live in Islamabad.

BLOGS I READ
Aya's Randomness
I, Zak
Crow's Nest
Rai
Kevin MD
Sometime's Sobia

Watan Dost
Fingers and tubes
      ARCHIVES
      June 2005
      July 2005

      October 2005

      November 2005

      December 2005

      January 2006

      February 2006

      March 2006

      April 2006

      May 2006

      June 2006

      Email Me

       












Powered by Blogger