a young pakistani doctor blogs...
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
  Paperwork
My Step 1 application will be fired off pretty soon. However I’ve got a big problem with my clinical rotations list which they require for the application. I don’t have the timetable of my 3rd and 4th year clinical rotations on me and I’m wondering how the hell to get them. There is this one friend on mine in Peshawar who can help because he’s a super geek who would most likely keep such records till he 56 years old and also because he was my batch fellow for those years and therefore had the same rotations schedule. I’m trying to get a hold of the guy.

Of course I can’t rely on the college administration to help me because they are a bunch of worthless good-for-nothings. I have to get this matter sorted out soon. It’s distracting me somewhat.
 
Comments:
Just fill it in making sure that all are there. dates dont matter that much or the names of the docs.
 
The rotation durations and the professors I've already got. I just don't have the precise dates (when they start and when they finish) of each rotation. I was thinking of using my fiance's schedule. We were classfellows and had all the same rotations albeit at different times of the year. Do u think that will be okay?
 
The ECFMG gets your record(the info you put in the application plus the degree etc) verified by your college before they certify you...I'd say get the dates which your college admin will send out on your clinical rotation transcripts when the ECFMG contacts them(thats what forms 344 and 345 are for)...
Although certification by ECFMG is later in the game(after you've taken step 1 and 2)...you wouldn't want some discrepancy in your record messing up an already slow process.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Recent med school graduate from Peshawar, Pakistan. Started blogging when in throes of final year exams. Currently studying for USMLE Step 1. Aiming for the 2008 Match. I blog about my studies, my worries, and my thoughts on life. I live in Islamabad.

BLOGS I READ
Aya's Randomness
I, Zak
Crow's Nest
Rai
Kevin MD
Sometime's Sobia

Watan Dost
Fingers and tubes
      ARCHIVES
      June 2005
      July 2005

      October 2005

      November 2005

      December 2005

      January 2006

      February 2006

      March 2006

      April 2006

      May 2006

      June 2006

      Email Me

       












Powered by Blogger