a young pakistani doctor blogs...
Thursday, January 26, 2006
  c'est la vie
Days are measured in terms of how many hours of studying I did. They are then classified as good days or bad days. My mood swings up or down with the hours. I feel like I’m riding an emotional roller coaster, to borrow a cliché. Life sucks right now. I’m not feeling too happy about things, but I still head my head above water and didn’t allow myself to get depressed.

But this morning’s events really got me down. My grandmother went into overt heart failure and my mother went over to Bannu be with her. Then my bhabi just cried in front of me when I went down to eat lunch just now. She was complaining that my mother treats her very badly. She looked very subdued and depressed. My bhabi never cried in front of me before. I didn’t know how to handle it, and just stood there like an idiot asking her to tell me what was wrong while she was shaking her head and fighting back the tears.

And I still have to study for another 6-7 hours.

What a life.
 
Comments:
I shall be praying for your grandmother...
Hmmm...the bhabi thing...the only thing you can do is to lend her an ear ....that alone can be great consolation...Its weird but family problems have this knack of emerging at the most crucial of times...try and stay focussed..make the most of what you can...
 
sorry abt ur dadee...i hope she gets well...

but dude welcome to my werld...i dont mean to be a bitch but seriously same kinda shit happens here daily too...except for your gradnmother getting sick..ill pray fer her...
 
InshaAllah everything will be alright.
cant really comment abou the second problem.
 
ahha...sadness. Stuff that goes on inside the houses is really...depressing. And its everywhere.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Recent med school graduate from Peshawar, Pakistan. Started blogging when in throes of final year exams. Currently studying for USMLE Step 1. Aiming for the 2008 Match. I blog about my studies, my worries, and my thoughts on life. I live in Islamabad.

BLOGS I READ
Aya's Randomness
I, Zak
Crow's Nest
Rai
Kevin MD
Sometime's Sobia

Watan Dost
Fingers and tubes
      ARCHIVES
      June 2005
      July 2005

      October 2005

      November 2005

      December 2005

      January 2006

      February 2006

      March 2006

      April 2006

      May 2006

      June 2006

      Email Me

       












Powered by Blogger