a young pakistani doctor blogs...
Friday, November 18, 2005
  New York, New York
I changed my desktop image from a totally blank, black screen to a picture of New York City buildings, all beautifully lit up at night, taken from above. It’s quite fantastic.

New York. I would love to sit down with a psychiatrist who could explain to me why I have such a fixation with this place. Here is a place I would love to live in for a while. I’m not sure why. Maybe it’s this image of NYC as a melting pot of different cultural influences. I like knowing that something is always happening in New York. And then of course, so many Al Pacino movies were made in New York. That’s got to be one of the reasons I love it too. The Godfather Trilogy, Donnie Brasco, Carlito’s Way, to name just a few. And of course, New York is anti-Bush country, which doesn’t hurt either.

I’ll definitely be applying to many programs in NYC. I just hope I can get my shit together and get with the program, study-wise though. I’m very worried on that count.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Recent med school graduate from Peshawar, Pakistan. Started blogging when in throes of final year exams. Currently studying for USMLE Step 1. Aiming for the 2008 Match. I blog about my studies, my worries, and my thoughts on life. I live in Islamabad.

BLOGS I READ
Aya's Randomness
I, Zak
Crow's Nest
Rai
Kevin MD
Sometime's Sobia

Watan Dost
Fingers and tubes
      ARCHIVES
      June 2005
      July 2005

      October 2005

      November 2005

      December 2005

      January 2006

      February 2006

      March 2006

      April 2006

      May 2006

      June 2006

      Email Me

       












Powered by Blogger