a young pakistani doctor blogs...
Monday, November 07, 2005
  A new morning
Had another nightmare last night. Can’t remember the details, but in it I had a sense of great urgency to get moving. It’s a terrible feeling going to sleep at night knowing that the day could have been utilized better, that I could have taken more from the passing day. It’s good though that my conscience is active enough to insist on hounding me into my dreams and bugging me there too.

The Step 1 and Step 2 CK exams are probably the most important I’ll take in my life.  My scores will determine where, or if at all, I get into a residency in the US. They will also determine when I get married too! My fiancé happens to be a class fellow of mine and she’s up to page 300 of Kaplan physiology. She’s way ahead of me. Yipes! We plan to get married after our Step 1 and Step 2 CK and go for the interviews to the states late next year. If I mess up, that might never happen and we may have to postpone everything and draw up our plans all over again if I don’t do well. One of the advantages of this arrangement is that it pushes me to make something of myself. That is strong motivation, believe you me.

But that’s okay. Nothing will prevent me from taking a leap forward today. I feel sure of that. No more pussyfooting around. I’ll meet my targets for the day.

Fellow blogger Moiz Khan was kind enough to give me a mention in his blog. He’s right; we may very well meet on the day of the exam. What drives me forward is this guy was talking about chapter 6 of his Kaplan physiology a few days ago. I really have to get started myself. If we do meet on the exam day, I wouldn’t want to shame myself by being ill prepared for the exam.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Recent med school graduate from Peshawar, Pakistan. Started blogging when in throes of final year exams. Currently studying for USMLE Step 1. Aiming for the 2008 Match. I blog about my studies, my worries, and my thoughts on life. I live in Islamabad.

BLOGS I READ
Aya's Randomness
I, Zak
Crow's Nest
Rai
Kevin MD
Sometime's Sobia

Watan Dost
Fingers and tubes
      ARCHIVES
      June 2005
      July 2005

      October 2005

      November 2005

      December 2005

      January 2006

      February 2006

      March 2006

      April 2006

      May 2006

      June 2006

      Email Me

       












Powered by Blogger