a young pakistani doctor blogs...
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
  Going bananas
When you do nothing but sit in one chair, and worry about nothing but one goal and think about nothing but that goal at the time, you’re mind starts to get weird on you.

I hardly talk to anyone at all these days. I’m in my room, studying or trying to study for at least 14 hours everyday. Time seems to go slowly and it seems to go fast as well. It goes fast because the hours seem to turn forward very fast and before I know it, the day is over. It seems to move very slowly because my blog entries of only a few days ago seem like a million years ago. It’s the weirdest thing - I have an altered sense of reality, as if I’m just a living-breathing machine with a singular purpose. I feel like I’m going crazy. It’s an eerie feeling, as if I’m on a spiritual level aware that this reality of ours is only transitory; that’s its just part of the journey our immortal souls will takes – that there is a life after this one and when we’re there, we’ll look back at this life, with all the problems that we had as a vague blur. I’m reminded of Neo from the Matrix frequently. I feel as if I can sense this world is not totally real.

Or maybe I’m just going crazy.
 
Comments:
umm dude, check ur pill box!

seriusly, dont werry...thats what used to happen to all us AKUites near our profs...so we're pretty much expectin it...ure gonna be fine as long as u keep blogging and studying and maybe play an hour of squash or whatever daily if possible...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Recent med school graduate from Peshawar, Pakistan. Started blogging when in throes of final year exams. Currently studying for USMLE Step 1. Aiming for the 2008 Match. I blog about my studies, my worries, and my thoughts on life. I live in Islamabad.

BLOGS I READ
Aya's Randomness
I, Zak
Crow's Nest
Rai
Kevin MD
Sometime's Sobia

Watan Dost
Fingers and tubes
      ARCHIVES
      June 2005
      July 2005

      October 2005

      November 2005

      December 2005

      January 2006

      February 2006

      March 2006

      April 2006

      May 2006

      June 2006

      Email Me

       












Powered by Blogger