a young pakistani doctor blogs...
Friday, November 25, 2005
  Focused.
Study is going quite well, alhumdulillah. I’m keeping the stakes of this time that I have in mind and stick to a very strict timetable. I’m in bed by 11:30 pm so that I’m sure to have fallen asleep by midnight. I’m awake 8 hours later and I’ve found that those 8 hours of sleep really help me go faster during the whole day. I’ve also noticed a pattern in my speed. I’m usually slow in the mornings but pick up speed around the evenings so much so that I actually enjoy going through the material. I’m keeping things simple, just sleeping, eating and studying. In my short breaks I blog an entry here or read google news.

My final year exam result is not out yet (which speaks volumes for the efficiency of the college) and today I was feeling a little paranoid about the result. Its probably going to be out within 3 weeks. I’ve never had a good result since I entered med school and although this last exam went great (much better than any other I ever gave), and although I can reason out rationally that I am certain to pass, I still has that nagging, cold creepy feeling of all my plans going horribly wrong with a failure in one subject. I know it won’t happen. I aced this exam and I’ll probably come out with flying colors. It just goes to show how a series of (academic) misfortunes, such as the ones I’ve had can make a person lose faith in the age-old adage ‘everything will be alright’.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Recent med school graduate from Peshawar, Pakistan. Started blogging when in throes of final year exams. Currently studying for USMLE Step 1. Aiming for the 2008 Match. I blog about my studies, my worries, and my thoughts on life. I live in Islamabad.

BLOGS I READ
Aya's Randomness
I, Zak
Crow's Nest
Rai
Kevin MD
Sometime's Sobia

Watan Dost
Fingers and tubes
      ARCHIVES
      June 2005
      July 2005

      October 2005

      November 2005

      December 2005

      January 2006

      February 2006

      March 2006

      April 2006

      May 2006

      June 2006

      Email Me

       












Powered by Blogger