a young pakistani doctor blogs...
Friday, July 15, 2005
  Geared up.

The acidity was really bad in the morning, so I took some raniditine. That seems to have done the trick. My gastric pH is behaving itself now and leaving me be. I have insomnia, for the second night in a row. I went to bed 2 hours ago, couldn't sleep, so I got up to check my mail and stuff.

I'm all worked up over the possibility of successfully doing my USMLEs after my final exams. It just seems like such a real prospect. The adrenaline rush that comes with the Step 1 exam is already coursing through me, and that's giving me insomnia. I didn't study that much today. That was partly due to the insomnia of last night, partly my acidity, and partly because I was reading this USMLE guide written by Aga Khan students. It's an amazing guide; its into second edition and it deals with all aspects of the USMLEs... from how to apply for the exams to how to dress for the interviews. It's an amazing effort by those extraordinary guys (actually the majority of the writers were girls) in AKU. Hats off to them.

Reading the guide, which took a few hours, I got all pumped up again because the writers repeatedly referred to the fact that delaying your Step 2 CK exam all the way till September is not necessarily the kiss of death. In fact, the primary author of the first edition gave her Step 2 in October. Knowing that I've got that much room to breath in is comforting. I was getting all tense and nervous about having to give the exam in July or forgetting the whole thing. Of course, they recommend that the Step 2 CK be done ASAP so the application can be that much stronger, but do say that giving it later will not preclude participation in the upcoming match. I'll still be aiming for July, but it's comforting to know that I've got some room to move around in.

I feel a little thrilled and anxious at the same time. Such an important time is coming up. Lets hope it ends well.

 
Comments:
Hi Blogger,

As a result of reading your blog "Geared up.", I think you will discover my site on study prep and exam prep to pass tests and exams a great help.

To illustrate our diverse range of tests, here are some of the latest search terms that located our site ... how to find life insurance exam prep, patient preparation for rheumatology exam, capm prep exam, study guides for teacher preparation tests, acs exam preps, test prep for aap exam and nc electrician exam prep.

We have over 200 study prep guides and aids to help you sail through your exams without weeks and months of endless studying.

Best Regards
Emily
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Recent med school graduate from Peshawar, Pakistan. Started blogging when in throes of final year exams. Currently studying for USMLE Step 1. Aiming for the 2008 Match. I blog about my studies, my worries, and my thoughts on life. I live in Islamabad.

BLOGS I READ
Aya's Randomness
I, Zak
Crow's Nest
Rai
Kevin MD
Sometime's Sobia

Watan Dost
Fingers and tubes
      ARCHIVES
      June 2005
      July 2005

      October 2005

      November 2005

      December 2005

      January 2006

      February 2006

      March 2006

      April 2006

      May 2006

      June 2006

      Email Me

       












Powered by Blogger